Enjoy the sun and the sea
Enjoy the sun and the sea. This is the easiest thing to do in L’Escala! You will discover places of breathtaking natural beauty. You just have to:
- Walk four steps down to swim on La Plaja beach. This Cove, former L’Escala fishing port, is the meeting point of villagers and foreigners. In the early morning and in the sunset, the sea smooth out and it’s the perfect time for the intrepid explorers to go swimming till “El Cargol” rock, an small isled only 250 meters from the beach.
- Walk along L’Escala coves: La Creu, La Mar d’en Manassa, el Port d’en Perris i l’Olla are wonderful places to sunbath, relax and bath in crystal waters. All of them within few minutes’ walk.
- Riells Beach, at 15m walking following the seaside promenade, is the perfect beach to go with the toddlers, with very fine grain and shallow and transparent waters, ideal for playing.
- Spend all day long in the magnificent Empuries beaches of sunny, golden sand, prized with the Blue Flag for the quality of the water and preservation of the ecosystem, and surrounded by the Greek and Roman ruins. They can be reached in 20 minutes walking or taking the “Carrilet”, the tourist train.
- Les Dunes is a long (10km) and wide beach of fine sand, where the north wind assists in the formation of sand dunes, the dream of a beach all to yourself, an ideal place to engage in wind and kite surfing.
- Cala Montgó can be reached by car or “Carrilet”, the tourist train. It is a broad cove, fully sheltered from the North wind, the famous “Tramuntana”. It’s a nice white sand beach, with transparent and calm water, surrounded by rocky hills.